12/8/08

???

I haven't written anything here for a while. Ah, China. A few weeks ago, Lisa and I had a crazy Chinese day. We saw monkeys and bears riding BMX bikes, lepers begging outside a temple, and a woman with BOUND FEET begging for money. What centure is this?

But today was just as good. My cousin Jason is here. We got a little tipsy off of 6.5% Laos black beer. We met two girls in the bar, one who insisted on coming over tomorrow to teach us how to cook authentic Gansu food, and another who asked me to help her send an English text message to her Korean-Canadian boyfriend or ex-boyfriend in Canada. I can't stop coughing from this awful cold and in the taxi home from the bar, Jason mentioned that the worst thing about death is no more dreaming. What a concept. I decided we had to check with the taxi driver so I asked him, in Chinese, if he thought we could continue to dream and sleep after death. He didn't think we were nuts. He told us a lot of interesting stuff about death. Then we got home and came upstairs, where I am now. Jason is asleep on the couch and I'm in bed writing. Time for sleep!

1 comment:

Hectorious said...

Yo, that does sound like a crazy, but normalish, day in China.

Hek